Hopefully Spring has come your way, it's been gorgeous in the South for about a week.
We have partnered with independent record stores across the country to sell two unreleased songs on a limited edition 7-inch vinyl in celebration of Record Store Day and independent record stores everywhere. The songs featured are "Sing Nightingale" and "I Need You, You Need Me", recorded Live at Eddie's Attic, one of our favorite venues in the country.
Our new album "Good Light" will also be available at the record stores, both in vinyl and CD format.
For a full list of stores carrying the exclusive 7 inch vinyl: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Item/9004206224
Have a wonderful Spring and hopefully we'll see you on the road. Been great to see so many familiar faces in the crowd on the Needtobreathe tour. We'll be doing our first headline tour for "Good Light" in the Fall and are excited to be coming to a city near you. Expect major announcements soon.
Thanks as always for the support!
- Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors
2013 has been great year in music so far. Personally, with the release in February of Good Light, and the all the touring we are doing, including the Needtobreathe Tour, Bonnaroo, etc, we are in a constant state of excitement. I also have been listening to a lot of new music and have been in awe of all the great records that are being released.
Here are 10 reasons why 2013 is a great year for music, in no particular order.
1. K.S Rhoads. The Wilderness. Groove. Sonic Landscape. Ernest. Incredible Lyrics. Favorite Tracks. "Harvest" and "The River of Suffering"
2. Holly Williams. The Highway. Our friend Charlie Peacock produced this record. Holly is Hank Williams grand daughter and his blood runs deep. "A Good Man" is my song of the year so far. I hope it is how Ellie would feel about me. Favorite Track. "A Good Man"
3. JD McPherson. Signs & Signifiers. Heard this at a club we were playing in, and thought it was something from Sun Records in the 50's. It's brand new. Vibyest thing I have heard in a long time.
4. Will Hoge. All of his Records. Will has become a good friend and his song "Even if it Breaks Your Heart" (made famous by Eli Young Band) is my personal anthem for our band this year and every artist out there busting their tales to get their music heard.
5. Kacey Musgraves. Same Trailer, Different Park. I don't believe most country music. It seems contrived and derivative. Kacey Musgraves is neither. Love her band too. Fav. Track. "Keep It To Yourself"
6. Alabama Shakes. Boys and Girls. I know, I am way late to this party. Somehow I never bought this until I saw Brittany Howard own the Grammy Tribute to Levon Helm. Such a great record. Fav. Track. "Hang Loose"
7. Ivan & Alyosha. All the Times We Had. I love most anything my old label Dualtone puts out, but this is a great west coast americana record. Fav. track "Fathers Be Kind."
8. Justin Timberlake. 20/20. Fellow Memphian does whatever he wants, and what he wants is pop music at its finest. Also Loving the Bruno Mars record. These are my pop guilty pleasures.
9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Specter at the Feast. Saw them open for U2 in 2005. They carry the torch of Rock N Roll. Fav Track. "Let the Day Begin."
10. All that is coming.... Its only March. Dawes has a new record coming in April. My friends Ben Rector, Andrew Ripp, and Matt Wertz are all releasing records this year.
I am inspired by all the great songs, great music, great artists that are out right now.
I hope you are too.
March 28, 2013
A huge appreciated thank you to all who have purchased our new album "Good Light". The race has just begun, and it will indeed be a marathon. The support out of the gate has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are very thankful to you all! The album got to #7 overall on iTunes, and #1 on the Singer/Songwriter chart!
"Good Light" is available at iTunes, Amazon, other digital stores, our webstore and many independent record stores. Direct purchase information below:
Record Stores: http://www.recordstoreday.com/upc/798304248326
Excited to play these songs live for you! Tour dates are to the right.
Musings of "Good Light":
"Mixes full-throttle Americana music with an introspective singer/songwriter approach. It sounds like the South. It sounds like Tennessee." -American Songwriter
"Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors, praised for their unique Tennessee brand of Americana music, are gearing up for the release of their latest album. Be sure to pick up Good Light,"' - Paste Magazine
We are thrilled to announce that we will be part of the 2013 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Other acts include Paul McCartney, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Mumford & Sons, Wilco, Dwight Yoakam and dozens more. See the full line up and get tickets at bonnaroo.com
Click here for tickets